U.S. News and World Report, famous for its “best” lists, is out with a ranking of the country’s best nursing homes. There are approximately 16,000 individuals living in U.S. nursing homes, and approximately 3.2 million will spend time in one each year. Here at Walton Law Firm we get asked all the time to recommend nursing homes, but rarely can provide a good answer. In our experience, the best guarantor of good care is an attentive family who visits frequently.
Here is a list of the top 25 Southern California nursing homes as ranked as the U.S. News and World Report ranks as the best:
1. Rady Children’s Hospital Bernardo Center, San Diego
2. Community Care Center, Duarte
3. Green Acres Lodge, Rosemead
4. Harbor View Center, Long Beach
5. Hillcrest Manor Sanitarium, National City
6. Parkside Special Care Center, El Cajon
7. Providence St. Elizabeth Care, North Hollywood
8. Whittier Hospital Medical Center, Whittier
9. Windsor Manor, Glendale
10. All Saints Healthcare Sub-acute, North Hollywood
11. Artesia Christian Home, Inc., Artesia
12. Bear Valley Community Hospital, Big Bear Lake
13. Brotman Medical Center, Culver City
14. California Convalescent Center, Los Angeles
15. Cherrylee Lodge, El Monte
16. Clear View Sanitarium, Gardena
17. Community Convalescent Center of San Bernardino, San Bernardino
18. Country Villa Broadway Healthcare Center, San Gabriel
19. Country Villa Glendale Healthcare Center, Glendale
20. Dunlap Sanitarium, Los Angeles
21. Glenbrook at La Costa Glen, Carlsbad
22. Kearny Mesa Convalescent, San Diego
23. Lanterman Developmental Center, Pomona
24. Marguerite Gardens, Alhambra
25. Monterey Care, Rosemead
To read the complete list click here.
The list was compiled by a variety of measurements, including state inspections, nursing home staffing, and other quality measures under Medicare and Medicaid guidelines. As mentioned in U.S. News, the “grade” is just that, a grade. It doesn’t mean that your experience at this home will be of the quality suggested. There is no substitute for an in-depth visit to the nursing home you choose, which should include speaking with other residents and their families.
Source: U.S. News and World Report
The nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers at the Walton Law Firm represent seniors and dependent adults who have been abused or neglected in the nursing home and assisted living setting. Call (866) 607-1325 for a free and confidential consultation.